Find other Doc/Dept
Dr. Manisha Bangar is a Senior Consultant Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Transplant Hepatology in the Department of Gastroenterology at Virinchi Hospitals. She has more than 15 years of experience in diagnosis and treatment of Gastrointestinal & Liver diseases, performing diagnostic and therapeutic Endoscopy procedure for the complete GI tract and over 10 years of experience in dealing with Liver Transplant cases.
She has expertise in management of all Adult & Pediatric Liver Diseases including but not limited to Liver Cancer, Hepatitis B & C, Fatty Liver; End Stage Liver Disease (ESLD), Chronic liver Disease, Cirrhosis of Liver, Liver Failure, Drug Induced Liver Diseases and Liver Transplantation. She was trained in Liver transplantation at Liver Transplant unit, Mount Sinai Hospital under Dr. Benjamin Schneider; also attended many Transplant sessions in American Association for Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) conferences.
She is a faculty speaker for many International Forums conducted in South East and Middle East Asian Countries, Sri Lanka, UAE, Oman, USA and UK. She is also an annual invitee as Faculty Speaker and Panelist for National Liver & Gastro Forums organized by Indian National Association for Study of the Liver (INASL), South Asian Association for study of the Liver (SAASL), Indian Society of Gastroenterology (ISG) and several Gastro Hepatology meets conducted all over the country. She even attended and participated in many national and international conferences and academic meets.
She has published several research papers in national and international journals; and written many articles on Liver Diseases. She was involved in more than 15 prospective clinical trials and her work has been cited in many research articles and relevant textbooks.
Institutional Teaching Experience
- Resident (Non DM), Gastroenterologist from PGI CHANDIGARH during 1995-1997
- Resident (DM), Gastroenterologist from GBPH, New Delhi during 1997- 2000
- Post DM Sr. Resident (DM – Gastro) from GBPH, New Delhi during 1999- 2000
- Lecturer, Gastroenterology from J.J. Hospital, Mumbai during 2002
- Professor, Dept. of Gastroenterology from Nair Hospital, Mumbai during 2003-04
- Professor, Dept. of Medicine from Shadaan Medical College, Hyderabad during 2005-2007
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Gastroenterology from Deccan College of Medical Sciences (DCMS) & Princess Esra Hospital, Hyderabad from August 2013- till date
- Clinical Associate, Gastroenterologist from Bhatia Hospital, Mumbai during 2001-2002
- Consultant Gastroenterologist from Medwin Hospitals, Hyderabad during 2004- 2008
- HOD & Consultant Hepatologist, Gastroenterologist from CARE Hospitals, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad during Nov 08 – March 2013
- Consultant Hepatologist from Mediciti Hospital, Hyderabad during 2014-2015